Our Values and Approaches
The Settlement is Maryport’s only Community, Arts and Learning Centre works with people using creative and environmental activities as a tool to support personal and collective development, taking an holistic approach to meet people’s needs.
A lead organization in our field and the only dedicated Community, Arts and Learning Centre in West Cumbria, we are only too aware of the negative social issues prevalent amongst our community. Prioritizing work with hard to reach and socially excluded individuals and groups in the CA15 postcode area, we design activities according to need.
We design bespoke creative projects with a huge range of partners, from carers to festivals, which help participants gain new skills, build confidence and combat isolation.
All our work is underpinned by our organisational values:
- INCLUDE, LISTEN AND RESPECT: involve people with limited opportunities for expression.
- CREATE, EDUCATE AND INNOVATE: unlock and develop creative potential.
- COMMUNICATE, CHALLENGE AND INFORM: enable individual voices and ideas to be heard.
- EMPOWER AND ENCOURAGE: prioritise personal independent development.
- CO-OPERATE: work collectively towards a common purpose.
The Settlement’s Facilites
The Settlement’s also has a variety of spaces that can be hired for parties, workshops, seminars and meetings.
We are an ideal venue for all sorts of occasions. Offering modern facilities within a beautiful historic listed building.
Supported by catering facilities and staff committed to good service